skyline strip


Imagine Arts Festival Venues & Locations​

The Book Centre
Central Arts
Central Library
Central Hall
Luca Records & Decks
Hobson Room Tower Hotel,
Garter Lane
Garden Room, Medieval Museum,
Granville Hotel,
Museum of Treasures
Phil Grimes,
Port of Waterford,
Trails x 4 (Quaker, John, WWalls, VA)
Theatre Royal
Waterford Distillery,
Waterford Gallery of Art,

St. Patrick's Gateway Centre, Patricks Street, Waterford
St. Patrick’s Street, Waterford City, X91 YX61 | Box Office: 089 427 2077

St. Patrick’s Gateway Centre is based within a church which dates back to 1720. Located inside Waterford City’s Norman Walls which make up the Western Wall of the site, the Centre serves as a place of Worship and a Community Centre.

You’ll find it just below the Garda Station and in the heart of Waterford City, St. Patrick’s Gateway Centre is a historic landmark, place of worship and community centre all in one. The existing building dates from 1720. However there has been a church on the site since at least 1050 AD. St. Patrick’s Gateway Centre is situated just inside the old Norman city walls which form the western boundary of the site and contain to archways which linked the City with a mighty Fortress called the Citadel, where the present day Garda Station stands.

Christ Church Cathedral, 1 Cathedral Square, Waterford, X91 A447

Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford, or more formally, the Cathedral of The Holy Trinity, Christ Church, is a cathedral of the Church of Ireland in Waterford City, Ireland. It is in the ecclesiastical province of Dublin. Previously the cathedral of the Diocese of Waterford, it is now one of six cathedrals in the United Dioceses of Cashel and Ossory.

The first church on the site was built in the 11th century. In 1170 it was the venue for the marriage of Richard de Clare, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (“Strongbow”), and Aoife Ní Diarmait. This was replaced in 1210 by a Gothic Cathedral. Since Christ Church Cathedral was subject to the Protestant Reformation, Roman Catholic adherents were consequently obliged to worship elsewhere.

In the 18th century, the city corporation recommended that the bishop erect a new building. The architect was John Roberts, who was responsible also for the Catholic cathedral and for much of Georgian Waterford.

During the demolition of the old cathedral, a series of medieval vestments were discovered in 1773. They were presented by the then Anglican bishop, the Rt Revd Richard Chenevix, to his Roman Catholic counterpart, the Most Revd Peter Creagh, and are now kept in the Museum of Treasures in Waterford and the National Museum in Dublin.

The present building has been described by architectural historian Mark Girouard as the finest 18th century ecclesiastical building in Ireland.